As a father of 3 competitive young gymnasts, I know something about this. I am not just their dad, I am their doctor too. Seeing your kids perform in athletics can be exciting and it’s fantastic for their development. However, it is also important to make sure they are performing in a way that is creating more health and not damaging it. Here are 5 reason’s why you should consider chiropractic for your young athlete.
- Performance – Chiropractic has been shown to increase performance. This is a great thing! This means it requires less brain activity to perform the same task. It also means fewer injuries. Injury prevention is the most significant factor in whether you child will be able to continue in their preferred sport.
- Recovery From Injury – I am sure you have been knocked down before or fallen. Hurts doesn’t it? But kids get better faster right? True… but they go through the same healing process you go through. Chiropractic can keep them functional during this process. This means fewer consequences to the injuries that they do sustain.
- Greater Vitality – If a kid is healthier, adapts better to stress, and sleeps well; they will be better competitors! Chiropractic has been shown to improve all of these factors.
- Competition – This one is related to the other 3. If you are going to participate in a sport why not try to be the best at it you can be. So much can be learned from winning and losing. Get into it and give them every advantage you can, and do it naturally. Chiropractic can give you this advantage.
- Less expensive – Chiropractic care is often less expensive then medical care. This a a great value for someone with multiple kids in sports.
Your kid is not a mini adult. Their chiropractic care will look a little different then yours. Plus they tend to respond faster than you will. But just because they are not a mini adult, doesn’t mean they don’t need the same kind support you would need if you were to do the same activities. Lets get them ‘checked out’ and back in the game!
For an appointment with either Dr. Matt Hales or Dr. Ron Henze just call our office at 208-895-8595. Plus make sure you check out our new patient specials at our website www.evergreenwellnessstudios.com